Written by Bridget Heos – Illustrated by T. L. McBeth
Holt Books for Young Readers
40 Pages, Ages 4-8
A fun, playful, energetic story starring two stegosauruses and one stegothesaurus about family—and synonyms!—for the young word lover in your home, residence, or abode!
Stegothesaurus’s love of language has always put him at odds with his stegosaurus brothers. So when he makes a friend—an allothesaurus—who is just as verbose as he, he is happy, thrilled, and ecstatic! But Stegothesaurus soon learns that the allothesaurus has very different ideas about what constitutes a good meal, and he'll discover there’s one thing that he loves more than words: his family.
Featuring clever but simple text and bold, exuberant art, Stegothesaurus introduces young readers to a memorable, original, unforgettable dinosaur hero.
- A Junior Library Guild Selection.
- Featured in the Wall Street Journal.
- A School Library Journal June 2018 Popular Pick.
- Kirkus Review - "...exercises in clever wordplay are always fresh, animated, enlivening."
- Article in The Courier - Illustrator thrilled, elated, ecstatic about first book
Featured on Scholastic's "50 Magical Books for Summer"